Monday, June 24, 2013

Bela Vista - Week 6

6-24-2013

Greetings from Africa,

First off, I love being able to say that I am in Africa.  That is probably the coolest thing I've ever been to say about myself (location wise...).

Next, I am feeling much better.  Still pretty crummy, but much better.  I am still weak and my stomach still feels weird and becomes very painful sometimes, but that is life and so I keep working knowing how much better I have it than some people and how this trial is helping me develop empathy and my testimony.

Third, today is transfer day.  They are doing a "white-wash" of our area, although, not completely.  Elder Camargo leaves tonight to be a Zone Leader on Sal.  That's right, his fourth transfer in the mission and already a zone leader.  I will stay here for another week with an Elder and show him our area and introduce him to our progressing investigators as well as help him begin a new teaching pool, and then next week I will be transferred to Praia to work in the office as a mission secretary and another Elder will arrive in Bela Vista to continue the work there.  At first I was disappointed that both Elder Camargo and I would be leaving, because we love our area and we don't want to leave the absolutely amazing families we are teaching.  They truly are incredible people with great faith and progressing testimonies.  I wish that I could stay and help them, but as I explained to them, as much as I want to stay, my faith demands that I go and I hope that one day they too have the faith to do whatever the Lord asks of them.

After I finished being bummed that we were both leaving I remembered a secret that I had that I have never told anyone.  And I mean anyone.  From the time I was a little kid I have always wanted to be a missionary and serve in the mission office.  I don't remember how this desire began to grow, but I don't remember ever not having it.  My lifelong dream will begin to be realized next week when I go to Praia to work in the office.  I don't know why I want to do this.  I hate office work, but for some weird reason I am totally and completed excited to work in the mission office.  Maybe this strange desire I've always had was to prepare me for this calling, in this mission, at this time.  I think it is so neat when the Lord places desires in our hearts or talents in our lives and then gives us the perfect opportunities to realize those talents and desires.

Lastly, I had the wonderful opportunity to baptize Sydney on Saturday.  It has been an incredible experience to watch him grow and it was a great honor to be asked to baptize him.  He is in a band and I included one of there their songs.  I hope you enjoy it.  It is in English, Portuguese, and Creole. (Mom doesn't know how to post the song - sorry, we will work on that.)

Love,

Elder Bushman
 
Elder Bushman, Sidney, ?, Elder Camargo
 
 
Service project cleaning the beaches in Baia das Gatas.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment